With the nicer restaurants, I tend to do less reviewing and more letting the photos speak for themselves.
Who am I to review an acclaimed, five star restaurant better than the official food critics??
I’m Bun Boy and I’m here to tell you if there was a cockroach in the bathroom or if the waiter had any weird moles on his face.
The important stuff.
Coming to Hatfield’s and just ordering an entree and appetizer is like going to the Olive Garden and just getting one round of salad and breadsticks!
Save up your dough and order the tasting menu.
Tasting menus are fun, decadent and provide the illusion you’re getting a lot of food for your money.
You’ll probably end up spending almost as much anyways. Fancy restaurants are sneaky like that.
HERE’S THE FACTS:
1. It’s very open and airy here, not dark and cramped. Every table feels like it’s own corner of the restaurant.
2. Very quiet and very elegantly appointed. You come here for the food, not for the swingin’ atmosphere.
3. You MUST order the Croque Madame. It was our favorite item and was so freaking delicious, you’d never guess how well everything goes together.
4. I would say order the Foie Gras but it’s being banned as of July 1st, so never mind.
5. Plan on at least $150 per person if you plan on drinking at all.
6. Plan on drinking.
6703 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038